COVID-19 Impact on Alamo Dental Health Daily Operations
Modified Office Operations starting May 11, 2020
COVID has changed our world in unexpected and very significant ways. Your dental office (that’s us) has not been spared either. After shutting down operations for 7 weeks, we reopened on May 11th, 2020 and have adapted accordingly (see our JETSIRI Values, and specifically I=Innovation for more info). We are now here and present to take care of you and your health. The following list are several changes and updates we have implemented in response to the Economic, Social, Health, and Business COVID factors we are all facing.
- Increased Office Capacity by 200%. We have renovated our office and have doubled the patient treatment rooms. 3 rooms have been converted from administration and support to patient treatment delivery rooms. A total of 6 operatories are now serving our patients helping you stay safe within our walls.
- Decreased workforce. Due to numerous factors (childcare, schools, unemployment, specific family situations, etc), our office support team is reduced from 3 staff members to a single Administrator. Rest assured, we are closely monitoring the workload and customer service quality and will add additional team members as soon as it appears necessary.
- Introduced ONLINE Booking. You can now book your cleanings, doctor exams, and some elective services directly from our website. This particular change brings several benefits we have wanted to make available to our patients for many years, namely transferring the control of the appointment back to the patient, fee transparency, the ability to cancel and reschedule your visit as your needs change, and LOWER fees as a direct result of lower operating and administration costs as well as expenses related to last minute cancellations.
- More stringent protocol for frequency of surface disinfection.
- We are following the CDC and Texas State Board of Dentistry Guidelines when it comes to patient screening, temperature taking, social distancing in our reception area, surface disinfection, employee symptoms monitoring, the usage of N95 masks, just to name a few.
Wishing you a healthy and safe COVID recovery,
Dr. John Bec
Dentist and Owner of Alamo Dental Health