Having Problems with a Partial or Denture?
Are you experiencing problems with your removable partial or denture? These are uncomfortable and miserable problems for sure! Your eating and talking and smiling are affected, right? Maybe even your diabetes control is no longer easy to manage! Maybe your jaw pain is related to not being able to chew properly!
With something so important at stake, it’s no wonder that broken or poorly adjusted false teeth cause problems. Fortunately, we know how to get you chewing and smiling again by providing efficient 24-HOUR Denture Repair Services. (If you like reading, I found a nice article about Denture Handling on Mayo Clinic’s site.)
24-Hour Denture Repair for Broken Partials and Dentures
False teeth break for a number of reasons: they get dropped, stepped on, chewed by the dog? They can also break because of a poor fit. Clean breaks, broken clasps and lost teeth are usually simple fixes. Because a poor fit can contribute to future breaks as well as jaw problems, we are always careful to assess denture fit and bite relationship when we complete a Denture Repair Service. Learn more about broken dentures here.
24-Hour Denture Reline of Poor Fitting Partials & Dentures
When partials and dentures get uncomfortable, they become difficult to chew with and cause sores. Why does this happen?
It usually happens because the partial or dentures aren’t fitting properly. Most of the time, bone loss is altering the shape of the gums underneath the partial or denture. When a partial or denture no longer molds to the gums, it doesn’t distribute the pressure of chewing evenly and starts to wobble and wiggle. The constant pressure of rocking and rubbing results in mouth sores.
The fit of a partial or denture can be corrected with a Same-Day Denture Repair. The denture gets the tissue side replaced with a new layer of pink acrylic make the fit just perfect.
Denture Repair Services
These are the most common denture repair services:
- Reline: Resurfacing the partial or denture gives a brand new fit that will be comfortable until the gums change again.
- Rebase: Replacing the entire pink portion of the denture will provide a new shape and foundation for the denture. Fresh start, fresh fit.
- Reinforce the Frame: Add clasps to the partial denture framework.
- Teeth Clasp Adjustments: Some loose fitting partial dentures can be made comfortable again with a quick adjustment of the clasps.
- Teeth Replacement: When a denture tooth goes missing or gets broken, a new tooth can be easily added back on.
Most of these services are completed with the aid of dental technicians at a professional dental laboratory facility. Turn around times are 24 hours in most instances. Some cases will require additional time.